Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WIP Wednesday - Mariner Pullover

I apologize for the lack of posting around here! We're coming into the homestretch of this pregnancy, trying to get things moved around and set up, and there just aren't enough hours in the day. I have been working on my various projects, I just haven't had a chance to get things photographed and written about.


Here is my progress on Sebastian's Mariner Pullover. I'm pretty much done the knitting - I just have to decide what to do about the neck. I'm supposed to pick up the stitches on the holder and continue the half linen stitch for a few inches to overlap the bits on the neck edges (which then get sewn down at the end), and then sew non-functional buttons on top. However, I'm thinking about just binding that edge off, picking up the bottoms of the neck edge bits, and leaving it as more of a square neckline. I think I'm going to seam it together first and see how the neck part looks before I decide on that. My only concern with this design are the sleeves (which I saw from the Ravelry gallery was the main issue). They seem a little long and a little narrow. But then again, it's hard for me to remember how small babies are when they start out, so it might fit Sebastian just fine. We'll have to wait and see.

Time to pick out yarn for the Mariner Pullover, Part Two!

No comments: