Friday, September 23, 2011

FO Friday - Baby Cuteness!

Have you ever had a day/week/month/year where you and knitting just aren't getting along? Where no matter how much you swatch, you can't get gauge, or the idea that seems so great in your head just doesn't translate to real life? I had one of those weeks last week, and it was really difficult to get through. I felt like I had lost my knitting mojo, so I thought a quick, easy garter stitch project would be just the thing to get it back. I recently found out that my primary care doctor is expecting a baby girl at the end of January, so I whipped up a pair of booties. Even though I'm not a big baby bootie person for my kids, I do appreciate that they make cute gifts. I really liked this pattern - it was well-written and easy to follow, and I think the hardest part was sewing the buttons on!



Pattern: Ruby Slippers from "Vintage Knits for Modern Babies" (Ravelry link)

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino DK, a tiny portion of one ball

Buttons: Little white roses from JoAnn's (from my button box).




I thought I had enough yarn left over to do a matching Aviatrix hat, but I ran short right at the chinstrap. D'oh! So now I have to decide whether to substitute yarn for the chinstrap (which means buying a whole new ball because nothing in my stash looks right), or rip it all out and make a smaller size. It'd be nice to have a little matching set. Maybe I'll take a look on Ravelry and see if anyone has a spare ball...

Thankfully, this was all I needed to get back into the groove of knitting, and I'm feeling much more myself. I'm hoping to get a few things finished up this weekend, both sewing- and knitting-wise. I've still got a week until my due date, and I'm progressing slowly, but I'd still like to get some projects out of the way before Sebastian decides to make his appearance.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: