Friday, June 24, 2011

FO Friday - May/June Socks!

Finally finished! I put in a last-ditch effort and got these finished on Fathers' Day while my husband was sleeping, so I could use them as a Fathers' Day gift. :) He absolutely loves them! He actually said that this is his favorite yarn thus far, and I've used yarn ranging from basic Regia to Knit Picks to Trekking. I'm very thankful that I have a husband who appreciates and uses handknit socks, and who is also an enthusiastic sock model:




May/June Socks (Ravelry link)

Yarn: Kroy Socks 4ply in Flax, 2 balls on 2.75mm needles

Pattern: Vogue Knitting's Universal Top Down Sock Pattern




I used 64 stitches for the whole sock. The cuff is a 1x1 rib, and the leg and foot are a 3x1 rib. Basic slip stitch heel and wedge toe. The leg is 8" from cuff to heel and the foot is about 7.5" to the toe shaping. Usually I measure the foot, but he happened to be sitting next to me when I needed to check it, so I made him try them on to get my measurement.

I have to say, I'm glad he likes this yarn. I enjoy working with it (I've also made my sister a beret from it), and for the price, the quality is good. I'll definitely be using Michaels/AC Moore coupon
s to get more of this - justifiable since the yarn will be used for more of his socks! ;)

I've already cast on for a new project... Not my fault, though! My mother-in-law got us tickets to see the new Cirque du Soleil show, Zarkana, in New York City tomorrow night, so I needed something small and uncomplicated to knit on the train. :) I'm doing this for Caitlyn, out of some Patons SWS from my stash. I think it'll be perfect for the fall!

No comments: