Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pinned and Bound


It's not as kinky as it sounds, I promise. :) Remember my fat quarter baby quilt? It's in the final stages of actually becoming a quilt! I took my pieced top, my batting and my backing to Quilters Corner and said "What do I do now?" I came home armed with notes, tiny safety pins and quilting needles for my machine. I just ordered my walking foot today, so this is as far as I can go with this quilt until it arrives.





Here's a picture with the backing folded up so you can see the whole quilt sandwich. I'm a little unsure of how I'm going to quilt this once I get the foot. The woman at the shop explained a few different methods to me, but it all sounds so abstract. I think once I actually do this one, it'll make more sense to me. I'll have to see if my one quilting book talks about quilting techniques, otherwise I'll be spending some quality time with Google. If anyone has any recommendations for quilting instruction/technique books that they find helpful, I'm all ears.

No comments: