I ordered a book on machine quilting last week, partially so I could start to understand the abstract concept of quilting my quilt tops, but also because in the free online preview it talked about tension problems and how to fix them. When it arrived, I was so excited! I managed to read through it before taking it and running downstairs to my sewing machine. It turns out I was trying to fix my tension by doing the exact opposite of what I should've been doing, but I got it figured out and my machine is back in business! Of course, I really should still take it in for cleaning and oiling, but at least now it's not as urgent.
I didn't get to do as much sewing as I would've liked to over the weekend, especially since once I fixed my machine I was eager to get back to it. But I was able to finish my circle quilt top last night!
I have a bunch of strips left over in all of the circle patterns and my background fabric, so I think I'm going to add a narrow strippy border around the edges. Then I just have to find backing fabric and buy more batting. I think once I add the border, I'm going to set this aside and finish my Pooh quilt. I have an idea of how I want to quilt it, so now I need to lay it out and mark out my lines.
That's all for today. Look for actual knitting content coming soon! :)